Estos anuncios se pueden ver en Parent Square en Inglés y Español el lunes.
* The Westside Clinic is opening at La Cumbre Junior High starting this Wednesday, and it will be open every Wednesday from 5 - 7 p.m. Please see the attached flyers.
* We have FAIR wristband tickets. The Fair will be here in 2 weeks, and the pre-sale price is $6 less. Please get your tickets in our office
* We will have a power outage on Tuesday, April 17th from 1 - 5 p.m. to reconnect us to the main Edison lines instead of generators. School will go on as usual, but our phones will not be working. Portable restrooms will be available.
* La Cumbre Foundation ribbon cutting for the new and improved Theater entrance and walkway. 11 a.m. at the Theater.
Over the past week, we celebrated Patty Flores, Office Manager, and Jesus Campos, Counselor as the La Cumbre STARS of the year. They were honored at a dinner reception on April https://mail.google.com/mail/u /0/#search/stars/162bcd8a95832 511
On Saturday, we hosted the Spirit of Fiesta competition for Junior and Senior Spirit. There was also a benefit soccer tournament on the field.
Congratulations to the winners of the Rotary North essay contest winners, who will be recognized along with Ms. Pelle, their Core teacher, at the Rotary luncheon this Wednesday. They will be awarded cash prizes. · First Place: Isabella Bowman-Andreatta
· Second Place: Melayah Terrell
· Third Place: Atticus Samora
Please remember that your student needs earbuds every day. They are available almost in any store and are $1 - $2 at the 99 cent stores.
Here are the Updates:
Tuesday, April 17 – RTI Day
Friday, April 20 – Renaissance Academic Awards Assembly at 1:30 in the Theater
April 23 – 27 – Committed Campaign against drugs and alcohol. Activities during lunch
April 25 – 29 – Fair at Earl Warren Showgrounds – La Cumbre will be selling wristbands
April 23 – June 1 - State SBAC testing during Core and Math classes
Friday, April 27 – End of 4th mid-quarter. Teachers enter progress grades
Saturday, April 28 – Ribbon Cutting reception for the improvements to the walkway and front of the theater – 11 a.m. – All are welcome
Wednesday – May 2 – SBPD Academia de la Comunidad
Tuesday, May 15 – Minimum Day for all junior highs – School will be dismissed at 11:20 and lunch will be served. The after school ASES program will begin at 11:30
Friday, May 18 – Sports Extravaganza in the afternoon
Saturday, May 19 – Students leave for DC & NY
Friday, May 25 – Students return from DC & NY
Monday, May 28 – Memorial Day – NO SCHOOL
Tuesday, May 29 – Science Night for Parents 5:30 – 7 p.m.
Tuesday, May 29 – La Cumbre Band Concert in the Theater – 7 p.m.
Wednesday May 30 – La Cumbre Drum concert + LOUD program – 7 p.m. in the Theater
Thursday, May 31 – La Cumbre Science Fair at UCSB
Thursday, May 31 – 8th grade Awards Night at 6 p.m. – Earl Warren Showgrounds Warren Hall
Thursday, June 7 – Graduation Ceremony – 10 a.m. Sharp! On the front lawn